Monday, February 13, 2012

Sprinkle Overload



It's the little things in life that make you the happiest.

My husband is a simple man who is pleased by the littlest things in life. Candy, cuddling, cookies, sugar, pizza, naps, love letters back and forth...and I'm going to have to say sugar again. I have never met anyone who pours over 5 cups of sugar into koolaid and calls it perfect. Forget it, I can't even sip it.

Since cookies make him happy, and sugar makes him happy...he obviously loves sugar cookies. *With extra icing and sprinkles, of course.

Hence those pretty little cookies up there. We have made them several times and they are always as good as the last.

In fact, they are quite better than the Lofthouse cookies. Yep, I'm talking about those thickly frosted, perfectly-baked-so-they-are-just-the-right-kind-of-soft sugar cookies we love to buy at the grocery store and not share. And they always will be-- as long as I don't let my husband decorate them.

Husband in charge of sprinkles = sugar high to the extreme.


See? It's madness.

Wanna know what else is madness? Not baking these cookies this instant and depriving yourself from their deliciousness that will make your tummy oh, so happy.

Yeah, I'm thinking that you should probably make these ASAP so you can have a happy tummy and an extra happy Monday. (Is that even possible?! I mean, to have an extra happy Monday? Mondays just aren't the happiest of days in my opinion)


Anyway, here is the super easy recipe so you can whip these up!


Note: As called for in the original recipe, you can substitute 1/2 cup of shortening for the butter in the frosting recipe, and 5 tablespoons milk (whole is best) for the 6 tablespoons heavy cream. The consistency is different, but as far as flavor and taste I hardly noticed a difference.

Happy baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment